PAYMENT AND BOOKINGS
- By booking your child into this session you accept the place and agree to pay for any selected sessions.
- Only children whose parents have completed an enrolment form will be accepted. The GO Club Team Leader on the day should be informed of any changes to information on enrolment forms.
- All children are to be collected no later than 3.00pm or 5.15pm if staying for aftercare or after school programs. Please note only adults listed on the enrolment form can collect your daughter. If someone else is to collect them please update these details on your enrolment form. (As authorised pick-ups). This can be done at the start of the session if necessary.
- Bookings must be made in advance by filling in the online booking form provided.
- The GO Club takes a record of learning through photos and videos. By joining the GO Club, you consent to your child being photographed and those photos used in learning stories, displayed in the classroom and on the Allergy Register if required. You can read our Photograph and Video Policy at any time.
- The GO Club is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items left in the child's procession.
- In the event of an emergency where we are unable to contact either parent or caregiver, we will proceed to administer medication and assist the child as deemed appropriate in the circumstances, in compliance with our Health and Safety Policy which you are welcome to view. If we are still unable to contact a caregiver we will then contact the emergency contact named on the enrolment form.
- Parents/caregivers are required to supply children with morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, water, and a sunhat on each day they are attending the program. Covered toe footwear must be worn, or children will not be able to participate in all activities.
- The GO Club and The Brick Clinic LTD are not responsible for the maintenance of the Kapiti Impact Hub's play areas. While we take all practicable steps to ensure your children's safety in accordance with our health and safety plan, we will not be held responsible for any injury that occurs due to playground equipment failure. Adults dropping off or collecting children are to supervise children if they choose to play on the Tongariro St side playground outside of session hours.
- Please note that the Hinemoa St side playground is currently not fit for purpose. The GO Club requests in the interests of safety, you keep your children off the Hinemoa St side playground at drop off and pick up times. Entrance to The GO Club is from Tongariro St.
- Children must be signed in at the commencement of the holiday program and signed out at collection. Children will not be released to any person not named in the registration form without prior consent.
- Booking your child into a session will hold you liable for the fees associated.
- Fees will be invoiced at the time of booking and must be paid within the allocated time. Invoices MUST be settled before the child attends the event.
- For parents wishing to pay by automatic payment or internet, our account number is available on the invoice generated when booking.
- The individual completing this enrolment will be held liable for any outstanding accounts.
- Please note that all bookings made are payable, no refunds are made for non-attendance, including sickness.
- In the unlikely event that the session is cancelled, all confirmed participants will be notified immediately and offered any other session. If no session is suitable they will receive a full refund. Sessions require a minimum of 8 participants to run, so if a session is likely to not meet those numbers The GO Club will endeavour to notify participants as soon as practicable.
- If a participant chooses to cancel some or all of their confirmed registration, or cannot or does not attend the session/s, the following refunds will apply:
- The registered participant may invite another person to substitute their place in the session (in which they are registered) at any time at no charge;
- If notice of cancellation is received 7 or fewer days from the scheduled date of the session, no refund will be offered – unless there are people on the waiting list who can take the vacant space.
- If notice is received 7 or more days from the scheduled starting date, a 50% refund will be offered – unless there are people on the waiting list who can take up the vacant spots.
- Should your child be sick and unable to attend the programme please contact us as soon as possible via text on 027 9322587 or via email at email@example.com
- Parents should report to Team Leaders when collecting children from the programme and sign out their children in the register at the door.
- Parents should advise the Team Leader of any situations that may disturb children.
- While The GO Club Team employees will take care to provide proper supervision of children at all times, neither the employed nor the volunteer staff shall have any personal liability in respect to any act of omission arising from any session or activity of the service.
- The staff take all care but no responsibility for your child’s personal property. All left behind property is kept for two weeks after the holiday programme concludes and then donated to charity.
- Information held on this enrolment is used for the purposes of establishing and maintaining accurate records. This information will not be passed to any other body and will be accessed only by staff operating the programme.
- It is extremely important to fill out the enrolment form with all medical information and inform the GO Club staff if there are any medical concerns, e.g. Allergies. If your children have an Epipen, please pack the Epipen with them and inform the Team Leader. If your child's medical information is not supplied the Team Leader has the right to refuse to take the child. If allergy information is not supplied for your child, she can NOT take part in the Edible Science segment. If children who have allergies or other medical concerns fail to turn up with the correct medicine (or Epipen if necessary), please note that the Team Leader of the day can refuse to take the children.
- Team Leaders may arrange any necessary urgent medical treatment at parents cost.
CLOTHING AND PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- We do not recommend bringing devices to GO Club (unless it's a BYOD workshop and they've been specifically requested). If your child brings along any electronic devices, e.g. phones, tablets, it is the child's responsibility to look after them. The GO Club team accept no responsibility for the safety of the device. Children are to ask for permission first before using the electronic device.
[quote]1. The GO Club accepts NO responsibility for damage to clothing or personal belongings your child might wear or bring (we recommend bringing/wearing spare clothing).[/quote]
[quote]2. Children must wear covered toe footwear when using hand or power tools, and in some chemistry experiments, in accordance with our Health and Safety policy. You will be advised in advance.[/quote]