The Holiday Camp registration form contains important information and disclosure between camp and parent/guardian. The information on the form is kept secure and is used to provide your child with the best possible camp experience. Information collected is for the use of Sonshine Ranch only and is used solely for mail outs, follow up and administration.
There is an inherent amount of risk involved in horse riding, including risk of serious harm. The staff and management of Sonshine Ranch Outdoor Adventure Centre will take all steps as far as is reasonably practicable to identify and manage these risks and potential hazards through sound practice and policies.
By registering your child for our camp you agree to the following statements;
I/we acknowledge that risks and hazards are inherent in outdoors and adventure activities, including risk of serious harm. And even with appropriate safety measures accidents may occur while individuals participate in these activities. These accidents can result from the nature of the activity and can occur without any fault on either the part of the participant or the camp or its employees or agents. By choosing to participate in the activities we acknowledge that there is a risk of an accident occurring.
To reduce the risk of accidents occurring, Sonshine Ranch has well trained staff and has put in place a safety management system. The safety procedures and systems in place at the camp meet the standard set by the Worksafe NZ and are audited by Outdoors Mark.
Any horse riding fall where your child lands on their head or falls in an awkward manner, the instructor has the authority to stand the rider down from continued riding until they have been assessed by a medical professional.
I/We understand that my child may participate in camp activities such as; Horse Riding, Horse vaulting, Flying fox, Rope swing, Climbing, Water confidence course, kayaking, water slide, bush walks, outdoor games, cabin challenges, playground games & night games.
I/We agree that Sonshine Ranch instructors and management have the right to stand down participants for repeated or severe misconduct or behaviour during activities that might put themselves or others at risk.
GROUP RIDING LESSONS
Sonshine Ranch retains the right to send home (minus their camp fees) anyone who misbehaves or is uncooperative.
I/We agree to inform Sonshine Ranch of any health history or confidence issues that may affect the safe running of the activities participated in.
I/We agree to adhere to instructions and policies at all times.
In the event of illness or accident appropriate medical assistance will be provided and all expenses will be met by myself.
I confirm that my child has a good understanding of English.
I agree that the staff and leaders will be clear of all liability in the event of any injury or loss, which the camper may sustain to person or property.
We ask that you don’t phone your child during camp as it can be disruptive to the programme and unsettling for your child. If in an emergency you need to contact your child you can do so by phoning 021880442. We will contact you if your child is unwell or not coping with being away from home.
As a Christian Camp, Bible based talks are part of our programme. This time (usually an hour per day) is used to show the relevance of the Bible to this modern day and how to apply practical Christianity to everyday living.
Disruptive behaviour, deliberate misconduct or disrespect for camp or camper property will result in a warning. After 3 warnings the child will be sent home. We have a zero tolerance for bullying and harassment. Fees will not be refunded and any costs for damage or transport will be charged.
• Cancellations incur a $25 administration fee, the balance of camp fees will be refunded upon request.
• If you have had vomiting or diarrhoea (or the flu) within 48 hours of camp starting, please phone and cancel your booking. $25 administration fee applies.
• No refund is available if you are sick during camp and you end up going home.
Arrival: Please arrive at least 15mins before your schedule lesson time to prepare your pony.
Departure. Pupils must be collected no later than 15mins after their lesson finish time. Sonshine Ranch Instructors are not responsible for the supervision of your child after this time. Consistent failure to pick your child up on time may result in the loss of enrolment position.
Term Fee Policy and Procedures
Riding lessons require a commitment from both riders and parents. All riders who attend lessons have been allocated a horse for the term. This means that on your lesson day a particular horse is exclusively booked for you. We have a lot of people on the waiting list for lessons, if you are sick or don’t turn up we are unable to use your pony for someone else. Group lessons are paid on a term by term basis (approx 8-11 weeks) and you are committing to the entire term.
- To ensure your booking is retained, full payment is required no later than your first lesson. Non payment of fees will result in the loss of your enrolment position.
- If you are sick please do not ask for a credit or a make up lesson.
- If you have arranged to pay weekly by automatic payment and you are sick or absent you are still required to pay for the lesson.
- We do not offer make up lessons or credits for missed lessons.
- For special situations which involve missing several lessons in a term please discuss this with the office manager as we may be able to come to a mutual agreement.
- For special circumstances alternative payment options may be accepted, however if the full term fees are not received by the end of the term you will be issued a statement and required to pay the balance owing prior to the commencement of the next term.
- Please direct all payment enquiries to the office.
- For on the day and/or last minute absences please text 021880442
- Any absences prior to your lesson day please notify firstname.lastname@example.org
Riding clothing and equipment
- There is an inherent amount of risk involved in horse riding, including risk of serious harm. The staff and management of Sonshine Ranch Outdoor Adventure Centre will take all steps as far as is reasonably practicable to identify and manage these risks and potential hazards through sound practice and policies.
- By signing this form you are aware that all Sonshine Ranch activities involve an element of risk and agree to adhere to instructions and policies at all times. You have disclosed to Sonshine Ranch any medical condition, previous injury or medication you are taking.
- Any horse riding fall where your child lands on their head or falls in an awkward manner, the instructor has the authority to stand the rider down from continued riding until they have been assessed by a medical professional.
- All riders MUST wear a helmet while riding at all times.
- Family members, siblings and any other non riding visitors must adhere to all rules and instructions.
- Weight Restrictions: Due to the nature of the riding programme and the availability of suitable horses the rider weight limit for lessons is 90kg.
- SSR reserve the right to cancel any enrolment should the rider be deemed unsafe to continue with group riding lessons.
- Long sleeves and long pants are a requirement.
- Singlets are not permitted.
- The footwear best suited is riding boots or jodphur boots. Alternative boots with a small heel and a smooth sole are also acceptable.
- We provide helmets and back protectors which are both mandatory items.
- We recommend students purchase their own helmet after 1 term of lessons if not before.