TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions for Sir Peter Blake MERC FEES AND DISCOUNTS
● Pay via Credit Card or Online Banking (credit card fees apply)
● Bank Account: Sir Peter Bake MERC Bank Account No: 12-3080-0084905-00
● Early Drop Off (up to 1 hour before the event begins) - $5
● Late Pickup (up to 1.5 hours after the event ends) - $5
● If you have not booked in an early Drop Off, and your child arrives prior to 8.30am then
an early fee of $5 will be applied to your account.
● If you have not booking in a Late Pickup and your child is not collected by 4.30pm
a late fee of $5 will be applied to your account.
● Credit Card fees will not be refunded.
1. By booking your child into this session you accept the place and agree to pay for any
selected sessions. Payment is required within five business days of booking.
2. Only children whose parents/caregiver have completed an enrollment form will be
accepted. MERC should be informed of any changes to information on
3. Our programmes are designed for children aged 7 and 13 years of age.
4. All children are to be collected no later than applicable session as paid for. Parents are to advise on the sign in sheet if someone other than
the appointed person is collecting children.
5. MERC is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items left in
the child's possessions.
6. In the event of an emergency where we are unable to contact either parent or
caregiver we will proceed to administer medication and assist the child as deemed
appropriate in the circumstances. We will then contact the emergency contact named
on the enrollment form.
7. Parents/caregivers are required to supply children with morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, drink, jacket,correct footwear and
sunhat on each day they are attending the programme.
8. Children must be signed in at the commencement of the day and signed out at
collection. Children will not be released to any person not named in the registration form
without prior consent.
9. MERC reserves the right to contact parents and have their child removed
if deemed necessary due to behavioral issues.
10. With all Outdoor Adventure, activities there are risks that are associated with the activities you will be undertaking here at Sir Peter Blake Marine Education and Recreation Center (MERC). MERC do their best to reduce the risk associated with each activity, however accidents can happen. To help minimize the risks to all involved you are required to follow all instructions set out by MERC staff. Failure to follow any instruction or recommendation is at your own risk. MERC will be held responsible for any injury caused to you while participating in MERC activities.
PAYMENT AND BOOKINGS
1. Booking your child into a session will hold you liable for the fees associated.
2. Fees will be invoiced at the time of booking and must be paid within five business
days of booking or prior to the events occurrence. Invoices MUST be settled before the
child attends the event. Payments can be made via credit card on our enrollment
site, via online banking using the instructions below or at the MERC office.
Cash/Eftpos: accepted at MERC and the office is open 9am-3pm Monday-Friday.
Bank Account: Sir Peter Bake MERC Bank Account No: 12-3080-0084905-00
3. For parents wishing to pay by internet banking, our account number is available on
the invoice generated when booking. Please note your invoice number and surname
under the reference details.
4.. Please note that all bookings made are payable, no refunds are made for
non-attendance, including sickness.
5. If a participant chooses to cancel some or all of their confirmed registration, or
cannot attend the session(s), we do not provide refunds. However, the following may
. given at least 10 business days' notice, the booking may be moved to another date
where possible OR
. the registered participant may invite another person to substitute their place in the
session (in which they are registered) OR,
. if there is someone on the wait list willing to take the vacant place, we can offer you a
credit for the following holiday period.
6. Should your child be sick and unable to attend the programme please contact us via
phone on 09 4730714 or [firstname.lastname@example.org]email@example.com[/email]
7. Parents should report to MERC when collecting children from the
programme and sign out their children in the register at the door. Children must have
written permission to leave unaccompanied.
8. Parents should advise MERC of any situations that may upset children
such as fears.
9. While MERC staff will take care to provide proper supervision of children at all
times, they will not have any personal liability in respect to any act of omission arising from
any session or activity of the service.
10. The staff take all care but no responsibility for your child’s personal property. All left
behind property is kept for two weeks after the holiday programme concludes and then
donated to charity.
11. Information held on this enrollment is used for the purposes of establishing and
maintaining accurate records. This information will not be passed to any other body, and
will be accessed only by staff operating the programme.
MEDICAL AND SPECIAL NEEDS
1. Please let the staff know any details pertinent to your child that are not on this form
e.g. any food allergies or nutritional needs. This includes allergies to things such as hay,
bees, foods, etc. If your child has an Epipen, please pack the Epipen with them. If the
children have allergies or other medical concerns, but fail to turn up with the medicine
(or Epipen if necessary), the child may be not be allowed to attend the programme on
2 Please be aware of acceptance of special needs children will be on a case by case
basis and is dependent on our ability to supply those needs.
3. It is extremely important to fill out the enrollment form with all medical information
CLOTHING AND PERSONAL BELONGINGS
1. We encourage your children to wear old clothes and closed toe shoes. Please do
not send your child in sandals or jandals. MERC will accept NO responsibility for
damage to clothing or personal belongings your child might wear or bring.
Please also note that MERC is a Bully Free center. Bullies are not allowed. Children
enrolled in our programme will respect other children, and the staff.
Extremely important, please do inform the staff if there is any medical concerns that the
staff should know, e.g. Allergies. If your children have an Epipen, please pack the
Epipen with them. If the children have allergies or other medical concerns, but fail to
turn up with the medicine (or Epipen if necessary) for an outing day, please note that
the supervisors of the day can refuse to take the children on the trip.
In the event of an emergency where we are unable to contact you we will proceed to
administer medication and assist the child as deemed appropriate in the circumstances.
If your child has had a previous head injury it is not the staff’s responsibility if the child is
enrolled in a high risk activity. Please add any previous head injuries onto the medical
section of your enrollment form online please.
If your children bring along any electronic devices, e.g. phones, Ipad, it is the children’s
responsibility to look after them. The staff or the centre hold no responsibilities for the
safety of the device. E.g. They are not responsible for it if it gets stolen. Children are to
ask for permission by staff first before using the electronic device. They can ONLY use
the device if they are allowed by the staff,. E.g. They are not
allowed to use them when the group activities are on.
The information collected by MERC is for the purposes of service
delivery. It may be viewed by Child, Youth and Family and is managed in accordance
with the Privacy Act 1993.
For any queries concerning our programmes, or if you wish to raise a complaint or
concern, please speak to the Office Manager, Linnette Refoy 09 473 0714.
Alternatively, please email us on [firstname.lastname@example.org]email@example.com[/email] providing details of your grievance and desired
outcomes and your concerns will be addressed.