PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Representing Hautapu School at sports is a privilege. As a player representing Hautapu School I will adhere to the following:
● Always play by the rules.
● Never argue with an official. If I disagree with a decision I will inform the captain, coach or manager during a break or after the competition.
● Control my temper. I understand that verbal abuse of officials and other players or deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in any sport.
● Work equally hard for myself and my team.
● Be a good sport and applaud all good plays whether they are made by my team or the opposition.
● Treat all players in my sport as I like to be treated. I will not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
● Cooperate with my coach, teammates and opponents.
● Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
● Participate for my own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
● Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
● Thank the opposition and officials, including coaches and managers at the end of the game.
IF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT IS BROKEN:
● The player will discuss their actions with the sports co-ordinator and the school principal, to determine what needs to be put to place to ensure the event does not happen again.
● The player shall write a letter to the sports co-ordinator and the school principal explaining their actions and the desired improved outcome.
● If the incident is deemed severe the following escalations may be appropriate.
○ Stand down from the team for a week.
○ Stand down from the team for a month.
○ Stand down from the team for the season.
○ Banned from playing for the school in the future.