Coaches/Managers are required to read and understand this form to verify their acceptance of the Coach code of Conduct prior to the commencement of the ‘school sport competition they have offered assistance for.
- Remember the purpose of After School Sport at Greenhithe School is for children to develop teamwork and skills through participation, and to have fun.
- Coaches are required to be an exemplary role model and teach players the Fair Play and sportsmanship ideals.
- Ensure that every child is given equal game time (except for disciplinary, prolonged absence or ailment reasons).
- Refrain from talking to the Umpire/Official or Parent on the side line during the game in front of the children.
- Respect the policies and decisions made by the school and take time to speak with the school at a mutually agreed upon time to discuss any issues that arise.
- Ensure that no player is left at the courts/pool/turf or field by themselves after the game.
- Support Officials working with your team to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- Be a positive role model for your team and encourage sportsmanship and fair play, by showing respect and courtesy, demonstrating positive support for all players, parents and officials and accept the decisions of game officials.
Parents are required to read and understand this form to verify their acceptance of the Parent Code of Conduct prior to their child participating in any after school sporting competitions.
- We understand it is our responsibility to make sure our child arrives and is picked up on time for games and trainings/practices.
- We will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for them, not adults – be an exemplary role model for your child.
- We will inform the Coach of any physical injury or medical condition, e.g. asthma, which may affect the safety of our child or the safety of others.
- We will ensure that once our child is selected for a team he/she will commit to the team for the season.
- We will follow the school’s procedure for going through the School Sports Coordinatior as the first contact point, should any issue arise with an official, a parent and/or the opposing team. It is the school sport coordinator’s responsibility to contact the competition event organiser.
- We will respect the policies and decisions made by the Coach or School and will take time to speak with the Coach or School at a mutually agreed upon time to discuss any issues.
- We will support coaches and Officials working with our child to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- We will refrain from coaching our child or other players during games and practices.
- We will be positive role models for our child and encourage sportsmanship and fair play, by showing respect and courtesy, demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, parents, families and opposition and accept the decisions of game officials.
- We will commit to paying our school sports fees.