Students are encouraged to practise the Albany Primary School REACH values when participating in any school/after school sport competition.
- Aroha and caring
ALBANY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Student/Coach/Manager/Parent Code of Conduct
Coaches/Managers are required to read and understand this form to verify their acceptance of the
1. Remember the purpose of after school sport at Albany Primary School is for children to develop teamwork and skills through participation, and to have fun.
2. Coaches are required to be an exemplary role model and teach players the fairplay and sportsmanship ideals.
3. Send out a letter at the beginning of the season, a brief introduction explaining your coaching style, and expectations of the children (in the team) and their parents, as well as consult with the team for an agreeable practice/training session.
4. Ensure that every child is given equal game time (except for disciplinary, prolonged absence or ailment reasons).
5. Refrain from talking to the Umpire/Official or parent on the sideline during the game in front of the children.
6. Respect the policies and decisions made by the school and take time to speak with the school at a mutually agreed upon time to discuss any issues that arise.
7. Ensure that no player is left at the courts/pool/turf or field by themselves after the game.
8. Support Officials working with your team to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
9. Be a positive role model for your team and encourage sportsmanship and fair play, by showing respect and courtesy, demonstrating positive support for all players, parents and officials and accept the decisions of game officials.
10. Be willing to be police vetted upon acceptance as Coach/Manager of a team.
Code of Conduct prior to commencement of the school sport competition they have offered assistance for
Parents are required to read and understand this form to verify their acceptance of the
1. We understand it is our responsibility to make sure our child arrives and is picked up on time for games and trainings/practices.
Code of Conduct prior to their child participating in any after school sporting competition
2. We will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for them, not adults – be an exemplary role model for your child.
3. We will support and respect coaches, managers and officials working with our child to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all. We will understand that our team coach and manager are volunteering their time and flexibility may be needed with training times over the season.
4.We will inform the coach of any physical injury or medical condition, eg asthma, which may affect the safety of our child or the safety of others.
5. We will ensure that once our child is selected for a team he/she will complete the season.
6. We will follow the school’s procedure of going through the School Sports Coordinator as the first contact point, should any issue arise with an official, a parent, and/or the opposing team. It is the school sport Coordinator’s responsibility to contact the competition event organiser.
7. We will respect the policies and decisions made by the coach or school and will take time to speak with the coach or school at a mutually agreed upon time to discuss any issues.
8. We will refrain from coaching our child or other players during games and practices.
9. We will be positive role models for our child and encourage sportsmanship and fair play, by showing respect and courtesy, demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, parents, families and opposition and accept the decisions of game officials.
10.We understand that by registering my child, contact details (including mobile number and email address) will be passed on to my child's sports team Coach and Manager, as well as relevant outside sports agencies, ie Netball North Harbour, as appropriate.
Students will be read their Code of Conduct at the first team meeting/training by the coach/manager.
Parents understand that by enrolling their child, that their child will abide by these guidelines.
1. Remembering the purpose of after school sport at Albany Primary School is to develop teamwork and skills through participation, and to have fun.
2. Understanding that the team coach/es and manager have volunteered their time and will be treated with respect which means listening to and following their directions, participating fully at all training sessions and games, acting sensibly and responsibly whilst at game venues, being thankful and showing appreciation for their time. This also includes not playing with sports balls or talking while the coach/manager requires your full attention.
3. Being a positive role model for your team and encouraging sportsmanship and fair play, by showing respect and courtesy, demonstrating positive support for all players, parents and officials.
4. Playing by the rules and accepting the decisions of game officials (referees/umpires, etc).
5. Being a good sports person and positively acknowledging the opposing team.
6. Assisting my parent/caregiver to ensure that I attend all training sessions and games well prepared with correct uniform, water bottle and warm clothes, understanding that I have committed to completing the sports season, being thankful and showing appreciation for their time.